Random

So we have some exciting news...we are selling our house!  Well I should say we are putting it on the market to sell, it hasn't sold yet!  We found a really cheap house in Johnston.  It will need some (alot of fixing up) but eventually we can make it what we want.  And the biggest bonus for me is that our boys can go to Johnston Schools (because if we would stay put where we are now the kids would have to go to Des Moines Public Schools).  And it also puts me closer to work as I would only be about a 2 minute drive.
Now we have been working on our house and have gotten far with it but I feel like we will never get done.  The main level is pretty much done.  I had a friend of mine come over and help us stage the living room.  The living room looks so much bigger (but then again we took a ton of stuff out)!
Last night, Peggy and Craig came over to help paint the basement (well Peggy and I painted while Randy and Craig went out and about with Memphis).
So any prayers for us to sell our house quickly would be appreciated!  We will be burying the St. Joseph soon as he is to bring you luck in selling your home.  St. Joseph is the patron saint of real estate.  My Aunt did this and they sold their house soon after doing this and my grand mother was the one to tell them to do this.  So we will try it out also. 
But you are to bury him upside down in the direction you want to move in your yard and then say a prayer as a family where you bury him.  Worth a shot if you ask me!  And one doesn't have to be catholic (I asked)!

Here are some pictures of the living room!  
This is looking from our hallway


Looking in from the front door.


No comments:

Post a Comment