November 1

Yesterday at school we had our monthly faculty meeting.  Each month we meet there are 3 golden apples and 1 plunger awards handed out.  The golden apples are handed out to anyone going above and beyond and the plunger goes to anyone caught doing something that is usually deemed pretty funny (such as sending an email out to your husband but it goes to a board member, this happened to one of our counselors)!
At the meeting I received one of the golden apples!  A teacher gave it to me for always helping students and taking on more students when they are not on my roster.  It feels good to be appreciated by my colleagues and knowing that I am trying to make a difference.  I am lucky to be where I am and very thankful that I am able to make a difference (even if I only make a difference to one kid)!  Today starts my days of being thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment