Sunday November 4

Today I headed to Lamoni to a memorial service for a friend/mentor of mine.  Sharon Carr was my mentor when I first started teaching in Lamoni.  All new teachers are assigned a mentor for their first 2 years of teaching.  I was blessed to have Sharon.  She pushed me each day and made me think outside of the box.  Her and I even planned a trip in 2006 to Italy with 17 of Lamoni high school students.  We had a blast.  Unfortunately, last Wednesday morning she never woke up.  She will be truly missed.  Her memorial service was beautiful and it was amazing to see some wonderful people that I haven't seen in a long time.

I was lucky enough to sit with my friend Brenna and her family.  Her kids are growing so fast and I can't wait for them to start basketball this winter to watch a few games!  Now I wish I would have taken a picture...dang!

Today I am thankful for me and all that God has given me.  I have a wonderful family, great friends and faith!

I love how we all have different expressions on our faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment