Monday July 22

Today was the day I lost my Grandma or as we fondly called her "Nan."  Last year she was diagnosed with uterine cancer.  She went through chemo all last winter.  She did really well through that and was doing well, or so we thought.  Once she got home from Florida she started to feel sick, stomach hurting, bloating and so forth.  She pushed off going to the doctor's office until she absolutely had too.  Once she went they found a large tumor in her stomach.  There was nothing they could do.
I am not for sure how Nan did it, but she took it graciously, she looked at the doctor and said, "well let the party begin!"  She chose to do hospice at home and my mother took the time off to be with her as did my Aunt and cousin.
We were all lucky enough to go and visit her one last time over the boys' birthday weekend.  Noah couldn't come as he was celebrating his birthday at his mom's house and as you saw from previous pictures we got to celebrate Memphis' at Nan's house!  We got to be all together one last time and it was a great time with laughter, tears and smiles.  We left Sunday afternoon and less than 15 hours later she left too.
I spent the following week in Milwaukee to help my Mom and Aunt go through things and help with whatever they might need. 
I am blessed to have had the grandma I had.  She almost always looked at things from the positive perspective and I will do my best to carry that forward.  Thank you Nan!  I love you more!


A fun day at Six Flags!

Us bring crazy!  I have no idea what is going on but it sums us up!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment