Thursday May 17

Bad News....patio had to come down last night as we were turned into the city because we didn't have a building permit for our patio.  Now, yes we should have had a building permit (not upset about that).  Upset that we were turned in by a neighbor (we think the guy a couple of houses down on the corner).  When Randy went to speak to city hall yesterday about our patio he asked how they knew we were building and they said that someone turned us in.  Really?  Come on people you have nothing better to do than worry about what I am doing in my backyard!!  (sorry I had to vent, all done!)

So we had a choice to make: build to code and spend more money or just replace the old deck with the new decking we bought and add new steps.  We decided that it was going to be the replacing the old deck with new decking boards and add new steps!  It will still look nice, but it will not be the big patio I was hoping for.  But the good news is that we (Randy, Peggy Craig and I) did some talking last night and decided that there is some landscaping we can do around the asphalt patio (this was already there) to make it look nicer and more like a patio.  Pictures to come as we continue our patio escapades! 

A big thanks to Peggy and Craig for helping us build and then tear down!  Also thank you to our neighbor Heather who had a slushy wine thing waiting for me when I got home yesterday.  That helped a lot and it also became my new summer drink.  It was good!  Now I just need to get the name of it so that I can have the stuff at my house too!

Noah and Kingston (neighbor boy) going for a ride around the backyard.

Whoa!  Watch out here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment